Becoming a Member:
Joining SPE has many benefits for students interested in the petroleum industry. Membership for students who meet the qualifications (as seen below) is free thanks to Chevron's corporate sponsorship. Join both SPE International and WVU SPE Student Chapter. Contact an SPE officer if you need assistance.
- Registration discounts to hundreds of conferences, workshops, courses, and a discount on every title in SPE Bookstore
- Access to technical papers and and libraries through: OnePetro and PetroWiki
- SPE members can virtually communicate, exchange knowledge, and collaborate
with other members from around the world through SPE Connect
- Student Programs
- Student paper contest
- Competitions (PetroBowl® and Drillbotics®)
Enrolled in University with 30% normal full-time academic load with a concentration in petroleum or related field AND at least one of the following:
- Be pursuing the equivalent to a bachelors or graduate degree
- Attend an university with an SPE established student chapter
Note: SPE will contact your student chapter faculty sponsor to verify enrollment or request a copy of your current transcript or proof of enrollment.